Axiostat is a bioactive chitosan based haemostatic dressing. It works on a unique charge based mechanism of mucoadhesion which forms a mechanical barrier on the bleeding site.
Axiostat stops moderate to severe bleeding due to cuts, abrasions, lacerations, punctures, venous or arterial bleeding. Video here explains the MECHANISM OF ACTION of how Axiostat works to stop profuse bleeding.
Works on patients on blood thinners
Can be cut, folded and stuffed into deep wounds
ADVANCED HAEMOSTATIC DRESSING FOR BLEEDING CONTROL
- Controls moderate to profuse bleeding within minutes
- Haemostatic dressing effective on patients on blood thinners
- Preferred choice of Indian armed forces
- 100% Chitosan technology
- Suture line anastomosis
- Arterial and venous bleeding/spurting
- Capillary oozing
- Post resection tumour bed bleeding
- Donor site bleeding
- GI Surgery
- Orthopedic & Traumatic Surgeries
- Other surgical procedures reducing OR time in patients who have undergone both open surgeries and minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures.
Axiostat® Vascular Haemostatic Dressing is a sterile, single use, non-absorbable haemostatic dressing intended to be used to control bleeding from vascular access sites while reducing ambulation time in patients who have undergone diagnostic or interventional procedures utilizing procedural sheath.
- Interventional Cardiology procedures (Femoral & Radial Artery)
- Interventional Radiology procedures Any type of Vascular interventional procedures
Size: V55- 5x5cm